• All pupils are to arrive at 8.32 at Meggetland for registration.
-All pupils are to register in normal registration classes on the main grass rugby pitch – this is the main pitch with the stand.
– if any pupils are late – they must report to the score table – this is essential, so we can register pupils correctly.
• First event will start after registration.
• Pupils are to come changed and wear PE/Sports Kit. The changing rooms will NOT be open.
• Bring a water bottle, a snack & wear sun screen.
• DO NOT bring valuables.
• Pupils are split into groups – pupils are to make sure they know which group you are in. These groups will be on the noticeboard in the PE department from Monday 10th June and pupils can ask their PE teacher also.
• After registration, pupils move into their groups and go to their first event. Pupils stay at each event together – move around as a group and stay with their group – when they hear an air horn blast, pupils move round to the next event.
– the final event is a relay on the main pitch. If you would like to run and represent your house – please come and sign up in the PE department this week.
• Pupils will be dismissed at 12.50 from Meggetland.
To follow the link mentioned in this Picture click here
Alba English is a small language school which runs a summer school for teenagers from around the world learning English. We are currently recruiting Study Assistants, whose job it is to help our students meet young people living in Scotland and get as much practice with English as possible.
Please could you share the following Work Experience opportunity with your 16/17-year-old students? It may be of particular interest to students who
– are considering a teaching or language-related career or
– would like to have additional (paid) work experience to boost their CV or university application
If you have any questions or queries about the role, please contact me on 0131 668 4336 (ask for Chris) or via firstname.lastname@example.org
Young Learner / Homestay / Activities Coordinator
At Barnardo’s Scotland, volunteers are vital to the work that we do with children/young people and we would love your help with promoting our new volunteer recruitment campaign.
“Fortnight of Fun”, offers the chance for young people (age 14+) to volunteer in the summer holidays for two weeks, or longer.
Our aim is to get more young people involved within our retail stores. They would be able to gain valuable work experience, they could complete Duke of Edinburgh’s Award hours or it could be the perfect opportunity for them to try something new with their free time. Their contribution however big or small, will continue to help support our work across Barnardo’s Scotland.
Some of the types of activities young people can be involved in are:
- Arranging a window display, either themed/seasonal and taking part in a display competition
- Entertainment (arranging displays for books, music, DVDs)
- Hidden treasure – E-bay research (to assess if items are worth sending for posting on E-bay) – packaging items up for Ebay and sending with the supporting research
Details on our shop locations can be found here, by searching with your school address postcode.
We would very much appreciate if you could share the attached flyer across your school. If you also need colour copies of the flyer, we do have flyers which we would be happy to post to you.
Thank you for your help and support and if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to ask.
Administrator – Volunteering and Community Engagement
111 Oxgangs Road North
Tel : 0131 4467025
Email : Keisha.Rowe@barnardos.org.uk
Working days – Tuesdays (AM), Wednesdays (ALL DAY), Thursdays (AM)