- Mr D Collard (Acting Curriculum Leader)
- Mr F Boyd
- Mrs A Larter
- Miss S Forbes
- Mr B Thin
- Miss M Church
- Mr T Segall (Active Schools Co-ordinator)
Aims and Objectives of PE:
We aim to:
- Develop pupil’s physical, mental, emotional and social skills.
- Offer a wide range of activities and sports including team games (including football, handball, hockey, volleyball, rugby and basketball) and individual activities (badminton, tennis, athletics and gymnastics).
- Develop strong relationships with pupils that encourage, motivate and inspire our learners to take and enjoy physical activity.
- Challenge pupils with innovative courses that develop literacy, numeracy and ICT skills.
- Promote a healthy lifestyle that develops pupil physical, emotional and mental wellbeing.
- Provide pupils with the necessary skills in order to maintain lifelong physical activity participation.
At Boroughmuir HS, we use a range of facilities both indoors and outdoors. We encourage pupils to be aware of the weather and dress appropriately. Being too hot, cold or wet will make your PE experience an unhappy one.
“ There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing”
What should pupils wear to PE?
Pupils are required to bring a pupil change of clothing for PE. The reasons for this is to ensure we can safely take part in all activities and for personal hygiene reasons.
- A change of top (T-shirt/Sweater/Hoody)
- A change of bottoms (joggers, shorts, leggings – these must be different from those worn to school)
- A change of footwear (must be different to footwear worn to school)
Boroughmuir branded kit can be purchased from the following suppliers:
Please do not hesitate to contact the PE department if you need any support with PE kit.
Resources / Home Study:
The PE department regularly share resources with pupils on Microsoft Teams. Using these resources, we aim to provide pupils with relevant coursework and revision materials to support their learning throughout the year.
Boroughmuir HS Water Bottles
Boroughmuir HS logo water bottles are available to buy from the PE department for £3.
Please find more information about our extracurricular clubs using the link below.