Support for Learning Leader: Mrs S Hall
Support for Learning Teachers: Miss L Adair & Mrs S Cockerill
Pupil Support Officer: Miss H Masterton
Pupil Support Assistants:
Miss K Lockhart
Mr M Thomson
Mrs I Furtado
Miss J Illiana
Mr T Graham
- To support colleagues in implementing the school policy on Additional Support for Learning.
- To provide appropriate support to individual students, both in subject classes, and in tutorial settings as appropriate, to ensure that the effects of learning difficulties or disabilities are minimised and to offer specialised teaching programmes to develop necessary language and learning skills.
- To promote understanding of additional support needs throughout the school and to work closely with other colleagues in developing effective teaching and learning approaches for pupils with additional support needs.
- To work closely with colleagues to identify and implement assessment strategies and ensure that the results are reported to parents.
- To involve parents in the planning of their son’s/daughter’s progression throughout secondary school.
Additional Support Needs
An additional support need comes from anything which is a barrier to learning. Most, or all, schools will have some children with additional support needs of some kind. The education authority has many legal duties towards pupils with additional support needs.
Information about this is contained in a booklet called In On The Act : Information For The General Public which is published on the education authority website at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/inontheact or contact the additional support for learning team on telephone number 0131 469 3444.
|Links to Additional Support Information|
|Autism Scotland: www.autism.org.uk
Dyslexia Scotland: www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk