Support for Learning Leader: Vacancy
Support for Learning: A. Haresnape
Pupil Support Assistants:
- To support colleagues in implementing the school policy on Additional Support for Learning.
- To provide appropriate support to individual students, both in subject classes, and in tutorial settings as appropriate, to ensure that the effects of learning difficulties or disabilities are minimised and to offer specialised teaching programmes to develop necessary language and learning skills.
- To promote understanding of additional support needs throughout the school and to work closely with other colleagues in developing effective teaching and learning approaches for pupils with additional support needs.
- To work closely with colleagues to identify and implement assessment strategies and ensure that the results are reported to parents.
- To involve parents in the planning of their son’s/daughter’s progression throughout secondary school.
|Links to Additional Support Information|
|Autism Scotland: www.autism.org.uk
Dyslexia Scotland: www.dyslexiascotland.org.uk