Although founded in 1904, Boroughmuir moved to 26 Viewforth in 1913 and this great building has served the school community superbly during this time educating, at a conservative estimate, some 20,000 people in this time.
On 26th and 27th September 2015, Boroughmuir High School took part in the Doors Open Weekend, supported by the Cockburn Society. As this was the last time the building would likely be open to members of the public, the school was inundated with some 2500 visitors. Pupils from decades ago visited the classrooms and corridors, reflecting on school days of the past. A self guided tour, Former Pupil Association presence, musical entertained by current and past pupils and staff and a coffee morning in aid of Macmillan Cancer Relief all helped ensure a positive nostalgic occasion.