Click below to download a copy of the new BHS Highlight Reel
All work placements, including week-long work experience and JET placements, will also be cancelled.
- JET placements are cancelled for this session effective from today.
- The DYW/JET Team are updating employers today
- We would ask school JET coordinators to update pupils and parents/carers.
- Pupils should attend school on Friday instead of their placement. The team are trying to arrange virtual links with employers and more information will follow.
JET Parent/Pupil Information sessions :
- These are cancelled.
- DYW/JET Team have produced resources to share with parents via school websites such as Information Sheets and Ppts.
- These will be emailed to school JET coordinators and we would ask for these to be uploaded.
Flexible Work Placements :
- These are cancelled.
- All pupils on flexible work placements should attend school instead.
- Schools should update relevant employers
- Schools should email DYW/JET Team DYW@edinburgh.gov.uk with pupil names so that these placements can be cancelled on WorkIT
Week-long work experience:
- These are all cancelled
- The DYW/JET Team will communicate with employers over the coming days.
- We would ask schools affected to please update parents/carers.
- The DYW/JET Team will also follow-up directly with relevant schools.
Week long work experience calendar :
|Tynecastle High School||11/05/2020|
|Craigroyston Community High School||18/05/2020|
|Firrhill High School||18/05/2020|
|The Royal High School||25/05/2020|
|The Royal High School||01/06/2020|
|Craigmount High School||08/06/2020|
|Forrester High School||15/06/2020|
|Boroughmuir High School||22/06/2020|
Many thanks to all our S2 Parents/Carers who joined us last Thursday night. I have attached the slides we used in our presentation. We look forward to seeing you again tomorrow night at S2 Parents’ Evening. S2 pupils will receive their log in details and booklets in PSE this week to support their online course choice process.
Ms Presly & Mr Hembury
Boroughmuir High School HMI Inspection Report published today.
Please click on the link to see the report:
Click below to see the full story
Free Home Security Advice Document
Subject Resources Summaries – found in the Pupil Support > Parents Information section of the website or by clicking here.
This new resource is for our learners, parents and carers to support individual home learning and also learning that occurs within the school day. For each subject entry*, information is described in 4 sections – Course Information; Resources; Home Study Materials and Assessment. Examples of these materials include course outlines, topic benchmarks, class notes, teacher’s slides and revision notes.
*please note there are some subjects that are not included in this first edition. These will be available in due course . i
A massive thank you to our two classes of parents (60 parents) who came back to join us for a whole day of “S1” before the holidays. I have attached a flavour of the feedback received – thanks for sharing your thoughts. I also shared individual feedback about lessons with teachers who taught our classes. We look forward to welcoming our next classes (next year) as part of the transition process for parents of S1 pupils.
J Presly DHT